The list below contains hints, tips and advice to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls and mistakes that new users may fall into, or to simply enhance the experience for your end users.
Some of the advice is very general and will pertain to everything that you use Sparks for, while other points may only apply if you are adopting a certain structure/approach. It's worth considering that some of these suggested checks may be quite subjective, so you're advised to consider them all carefully.
- Have you set the timezone for your site? Elsewhere in Sparks you are able to specify the time for an email to send - this will be dependant on your timezone setting so worth checking!
- Have you set an 'email from' address? This is always worth considering to help your emails look less spammy and provide a sense of familiarity to your communications.
- Do you have an email footer/disclaimer added? This can help provide some additional context as to why people are receiving them as well as a route to enquire more about the purpose of the communications if people require.
- Have you made your emails visually appealing by adding a logo to them? Once again, this helps to provide a sense of familiarity to the participants.
- Do you wish to gather feedback from the recipients in terms of the value/frequency of your communications? If so, then you may wish to activate the 'Feedback' function.
More about your Administration settings can be found in this article.
- If you're using Curatr and you would like to build an experience around a course.... don't forget to sync your Experience, this will save you time when creating the Events.
- Have you considered setting up a Persona for your Experience? This will allow you to send even more personalised communications.
- If you're sending an email consider using using their name in the subject header of the email. This is likely to lead to an increase in your 'email open' rate.
- It's also worth considering utilising a Persona type into your email subject header. This will allow you to offer a persona-specific subject header, again this is likely to lead to an increase in your 'email open' rate.
- Once again consider using their name and including a Persona type into your email to make it feel more personalised and relevant, thus increasing the likelihood of people reading and interacting with the email.
- Make life easy for people! If you want people to 'go somewhere' and do something then include a link (possible several times throughout the email) so that people are only one click away from where you want them to go.
- What time do you want your email to be sent? Don't forget to set the time that you wish the email to be sent. There may be some value in changing your timings and taking a look at the variations in open/click rates.