The Resource Library collects all previously uploaded learning objects in one place, making it easier to re-purpose/use them across Learning Experiences, and update them quickly and efficiently. Once updated within the Resource Library, your content will be updated universally in every Learning Experience it is used in (alternatively you can update inside the Learning Experience for specific updates).
Adding an object to the Resource Library
Admin > Resources
- Select New Resource.
- Select Resource Type.
- Complete relevant information & save to Resource Library.
Internal resources can be added by using the options on the left. External content can be added by using the options on the right.
Note: You can also do this at the object level when building a course type Learning Experience. Just select New Resource from drop down menu & follow the steps as above. Alternatively, for single resource type Learning Experiences selecting Resource from the Display Settings will show you the Resource Library.
When you upload a file we auto-detect common formats like images, word processing documents, presentations, spreadsheets and MP4 Video.
Selecting an existing object from the Resource Library
Admin > Learning Experiences > Your Learning Experience > Manage Content
For a single resource Learning Experience:
Under Resource Settings click Choose Resource. If Resource Settings is not shown select Resource from the Type drop-down under Display Settings.
For a course type Learning Experience:
- Add a new level or select an existing level.
- Click on New Object.
- Select Choose from Library from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Use the search function & filters to find the resource you would like to add as an object.
- Select the Choose button in the right hand navigation bar.
- You can then continue to edit the object description, social settings etc.
Note: When you edit the contents resource, it will also be updated across all other Learning Experiences it sits within. However, name and description will not be replaced for an object when they have been changed in Display Settings. When selecting a resource, you are able to see which other Learning Experiences the resource is used within
Two additional options are available for URL resources. Both of these will add parameters to the end of the URL. This is for advanced usage where you wish for the content linked to be able to identify the learner and/or Stream object that is accessing the URL.
- Append Actor - Adds name and mailbox.
- Append Activity - Adds the URL of the Stream object.
Advanced Resource Configurations
- Copy a resource. You can edit the resource and save as copy, so that a new version of the resource is created.
- Converting resource types. You are also able to convert resource types e.g. an uploaded word file into a pdf.
- Download a resource. Supported resource types can be downloaded from the library via the new download button.