Learning Experiences can be recommended to users, which will display them to the user when they select the associated Focus Area. A selection will be shown at the bottom of the page and a full list can be browsed and filtered when the user goes to add a new Learning Experience.
Note: Tags need to match on both the Focus Area and Learning Experience for them to be displayed to the user.
Tagging Focus Areas
Admin Area > Focus Areas
To add a tag to a Focus Area:
- Click the cog icon next to the Focus Area.
- Click inside the Tags field, start typing to search for an existing tag and then click on it or type a phrase and press Create New Tag to create.
- Press Submit.
Tagging Learning Experiences
Admin Area > Learning Experiences
To add a tag to a Learning Experience:
- Click the cog icon in the actions column.
- Under Display Settings, click inside the Tags field and type in the tag you would like to add (this will try to suggest the tag if it already exists.)
- If the tag you are adding doesn't exist yet:
- Click the plus icon.
- Add an optional Description.
- Confirm the Name of the tag is correct.
- Click Submit.
- Press Save.
Recommending Secret Learning Experiences
If you recommend a secret Learning Experience through tags to a Focus Area you will find it is not visible on the dashboard. To make a secret Learning Experience recommendation visible you must link the group to the Learning Experience. For general information on Linking Groups please refer to our article here.
The key Linked Group setting for visibility is Members Can View. Enabling this means the Learning Experience to group members as if course Visibility was set to public. This also means it can be found in search by group members.
The Linked Group setting Automatic Course Enrolment should be disabled. If enabled, the Learning Experience will be added to the Assigned Learning stream and not shown as a recommendation.