The dashboard in Stream is the main point of access for a learner. The dashboard presents learning available to the learner in a system of ‘streams’.
At the top of the dashboard the user is presented the core streams that will consist of their priority learning:
- Assigned Learning: A stream of Learning Experience tiles that have been assigned to the user directly via enrolments or through user group membership. This is an automatically populated stream and cannot be directly edited.
- Recently Viewed: A stream of Learning Experience tiles that have been viewed by the user since they started using the platform. This is an automatically populated stream and cannot be directly edited.
- My Plan: An overall stream showing everything you are working on or are committed to doing. The learner can add or remove items from this stream.
Underneath these is an area dedicated to the learner's Focus Area streams.
Focus Areas are a means of organising Learning Experiences. They group the core content into categories, and can also be used to create programmes of learning unique to your organisation.
The dashboard will surface the appropriate streams for your learners - if you are not using Focus Areas at all (either out-of-the-box content that ships with Stream, or your own Focus Areas), the only streams viewable will be ‘My Plan’ and ‘Public Courses’ (if you have any).
Note: What was previously called the 'Develop' service is now permanently enabled, however you have options to opt-out of the certain Dashboard features, or the new Dashboard UI altogether for the next few months. You can view these options in the Admin Area, view our article here for more details.
Other optional streams can be displayed here if enabled for the organisation:
- Mandatory Learning: A stream of Learning Experiences which have the 'Mark as mandatory' setting.
- New: This will add a stream of the newest Learning Experiences towards the bottom of the dashboard, above Public Courses.
- Public Courses: Any Public Courses available to learners will be viewable as a separate stream displayed towards the bottom of the dashboard.
The streams displayed can be adjusted in Settings > Services > Develop.
When viewing the My Plan stream, you can see all of your active Learning Experiences (those that haven't been marked as complete) and are arranged by Learning Experiences due soonest on the left, and then by most recently added if no due date is set.
Clicking View All will present you with a more detailed view of your My Plan, which includes all of your completed Learning Experiences along with your active ones.
Reports track a full history of progress and allow feedback by both the admins and group tutors.
From the User Menu in the top right hand corner of the page, users can access their My Reports page, where they can see a list of all of their Focus Areas (both Active and Archived), as well as how many of the Learning Experiences in a Focus Area they have completed. Users can filter their Focus Areas by date to track the progress they made during a specific time frame.
A Focus Areas can be expanded, showing all of the Learning Experiences inside as well as any reflections if they have been made.
Admin Area > Focus Areas > Reports
Admins can write and submit reviews on an individual users progress. These reviews can be viewed by the user on their Reports page, and by the admin from that users admin report page.