This release contains the following...
- Launching objects was broken in Classic mode on Android devices
- Classic mode object icons were not changing colour on completion.
- Resources: New types for xAPI, Storyline, YouTube, Vimeo and PDFs
- Resources: ‘Save as Copy’
- Services: New Experiments Service
- Experiments: Homepage User Stats
1. Resources: New types for xAPI, Storyline, YouTube, Vimeo and PDFs
Some of you will have learning content packages that are xAPI-enabled. If you use our xAPI service and the new xAPI resource type, we will pass the xAPI credentials to the package for you.
This should work for most types of xAPI-enabled content. We also have a specific Storyline version for Articulate packages.
We also have some new resource types that have built in support for creating video embed codes for YouTube and Vimeo. Just paste in the link to the video page and Curatr will extract the name and description for you and build an optimised embed code.
Lastly, if you use PDFs you can now specify a PDF resource type in order to help you identify your content later.
2. Resources: ‘Save as Copy’
When editing a resource you do not always want to modify the resource for every course that uses it (i.e globally across your organisation). For this purpose we have created a ‘Save as Copy’ function so you can now modify a course- or level-specific version of resource without changing the original.
3. Services: New Experiments Service
With the Experiments Service turned on, you will be able to turn on individual experiments. Experiments are stable features that may not be supported in the longer term if the response from testers is negative.
4. Experiments: Homepage User Stats
The first, and for now the only, experiment available is the User Stats tool that lets you display stats on the user’s homepage, including:
- The total XP earned across all courses
- The total number of replies to the user
- The total number of votes the user has received
This is currently switched off for all users by default. To turn it on, you will need to go to Services within the Organisation Settings and enable Experiments.