Course duplication is a versatile tool that lets you copy courses between any organisation that your user has an organisation admin role in.
The duplication tool also gives you control over some extra details that pertain to the course you are copying. It also gives you the option to copy the tags, certificate and email templates that are attached to the original course as well as set a new start and close date.
Additionally, if you plan on discontinuing the original course after you've copied it, you can also tell the tool to archive the original course, which will set an end date for the original course.
Note: If you decide in the future that you wish to use the course previously archived, you can reactivate the course by simply changing the Close Date of the course to be blank, in the course's settings.
How to Duplicate a Course
To create a copy of an existing course, follow these steps:
Admin > Courses
- Locate the course you wish to duplicate.
- Click the Duplicate Course icon under the Actions column.
- Click the Destination drop-down list and select your target organisation.
- Check Tags, Certificate and Email Templates if you wish for these to be duplicated on to the new course.
- If desired you can choose to Archive original course when the duplicate is created.
- Click Save.
Once a course is duplicated you can add or edit objects, images or text content to tailor the course for that target organisation.
Tip - To duplicate a course on the same organisation, simply select the current organisation name in the Destination drop-down menu.
You can archive courses which you don't wish to be shown in the new Live view, but do not want to delete.
When you Archive a course Curatr will set an end date, and the course will be hidden from the Live view. Admins can still view the course by clicking on the Archive button near the top-left of the Courses page.
Note: This means that when you manually set a course end date, Curatr will automatically Archive the course when that date has been reached. Users will not be able to access Archived courses.
How to Archive a Course
To archive a course, follow these steps:
Admin > Courses
- Click the checkboxes next to the course(s) you wish to archive.
- Click the Archive button towards the bottom-left of the table.
- Click Yes to confirm.
The course will now be closed and moved into the Archive section.