Course duplication is a versatile tool that lets you copy courses inside your current organisation, or copy course from a parent organisation to any of it's child organisations.
The duplication tool also gives you control over some extra details that pertain to the course you are copying. It also gives you the option to copy the tags, certificate and email templates that are attached to the original course as well as set a new start and close date.
Additionally, if you plan on discontinuing the original course after you've copied it, you can also tell the tool to archive the original course, which will set an end date for the original course.
Note: If you decide in the future that you wish to use the course previously archived, you can reactivate the course by simply changing the Close Date of the course to be blank, in the course's settings.
How to Duplicate a Course
To create a copy of an existing course, follow these steps:
Admin > Courses
- Find the course you wish to duplicate.
- Click the Duplicate Course button under the Actions column.
- Click the Destination dropdown list and select your target organisation.
- Check Tags, Certificate and Email Templates if you wish for these to be duplicated on to the new course.
- If desired you can choose to Archive original course when the duplicate is created.
- Click Save.
Once a course is duplicated you can add or edit objects, images or text content to tailor the course for that target organisation.
Tip -If you are copying a course within your parent organisation but don't want to send it to a child organisation, simply select the parent organisation name in the Destination dropdown menu. When copying the course inside a child organisation, the Destination dropdown won't appear because they cannot duplicate courses outside of their org.