Email templates at the organisation level are similar to at the course level but can be shared across all courses or only made visible to organisation admins.
Creating Email Templates
The below steps outline how to create email templates that can be reused within Curatr when communicating with all users in a course:
Admin Area > Settings > Emails > Templates
- Click the Add Template button near the top-right of the page.
- Enter a name in the Name text box. This field is not visible to the email recipient and is just for your reference.
- Enter a subject in the Subject text box.
- Compose your email text in the Content text box.
- Enter a sender name in the Sender text box.
- Optionally, check the box next to Course Link if you wish to include a URL to access the course. Note this will not do anything if Course below is not selected as well.
- Optionally, check the box next to Course if you wish this email to be a usable template on the course administration email page, under Additional Template Library.
- Click Submit - you've now created an email template ready for sending.
Note: If you wish to edit a pre-existing email template you should click the pencil icon that is associated with that template.
Some examples of email templates can be found in this article.
Sending an Email
Once you have created an email template and are ready to send it:
Admin Area > Settings > Emails > Send Email
- Select the relevant email template from the drop-down box.
- Give your email a final review (it's always worth checking that any links you've included are working OK).
- Select who you wish to send the email to i.e. select users, everybody, a specific group, points, levels, completion/lack of completion etc.
This email will be sent from Curatr with the sender name set in the email template.