Admin Area > E-Commerce > Discounts > +Discount Code
A discount code is a code that you create that when applied by a customer during the payment process will reduce the cost for them.
- Give the Discount a name i.e. Winter Saver 2015.
- Provide a description of the discount, i.e. when the discount is valid for.
- Enter the exact code that people will enter when paying for a course, i.e. "Winter15".
- Check the Live box to activate the codes as soon as the Discount code is created.
- Determine whether you wish to provide a Percentage Discount (50% off) or a Value Discount (£5 off). The screenshots below will differ slightly depending on which option you've selected
- Enter how many discounts you wish to offer (i.e. how many times can this code be used?).
- Enter the date the discount code starts being valid.
- Enter the expiration date of the discount code.
- By using the drop-down menu in the Products field you can select which Product(s) you want this Discount to work for. Once you have selected the product, click the + button next to the menu in order to apply the discount. If you wish apply the Discount to multiple Products, repeat Step 9 for each product.
- Click Submit.
Once you have clicked Submit, your newly created Discount will appear on the Discounts list.