A voucher is a code that allows a customer of your organisation to purchase any Curatr product with a value less than or equal to the amount available in the voucher. A typical use case might be that a business wants to purchase one of your courses and offer it to all of their staff. They could purchase a number of Vouchers from you (for the value of the course) and then disseminate one of the Vouchers to each member of staff. At that point the member of staff could then 'purchase' the course, but instead of paying for the course using a debit/credit card, they would enter the voucher code.
In order to add a new voucher:
Admin Area > Your Course > E-Commerce > Vouchers > +Add New Vouchers
- Add a prefix for each voucher i.e. HT2.
- Enter the name of the organisation the voucher was created for.
- Enter the number of vouchers you wish to make available.
- Enter the value you would like to assign to the voucher (note this is set once for all vouchers you are creating under this entry).
- Enter the value a user would pay for each voucher. This field can be especially useful if you are running any sort of promotion on how much a course will cost. For example, if you want to give a user £50 in credit but only make them pay £35 for it, enter the number '35' in this field.
- Click Submit
Note: As you are completing the Value / Cost fields, a calculation will appear at the bottom of the screen for you.
Once you have clicked Submit, a pop-up will appear containing the Voucher codes. This is a good time to copy and paste these codes into a text document, so you have them ready to forward onto users when needed.
When you close this pop-up, you will be able to see the Voucher codes listed in the Vouchers list, so they are accessible for future use.