The Resource Library collects all previously uploaded learning objects in one place, making it easier to re-purpose/use them across courses, and update them quickly and efficiently. Once updated within the Resource Library, your content will be updated universally in every course it sits within (alternatively you can update at course level for course-specific updates).
Adding an object to the Resource Library
Admin > Resources
- Select New Resource.
- Select Resource Type.
- Complete relevant information & save to Resource Library.
Internal resources can be added by using the options on the left. External content can be added by using the options on the right.
When you upload a file we auto-detect common formats like images, word processing documents, presentations, spreadsheets and MP4 Video.
Note: You can also do this at object level when building your course, just select New Resource from drop down menu & follow the steps as above.
Selecting an existing object from the Resource Library
Admin > Courses > Your Course > Manage Content
- Add a new level or select an existing level.
- Click on New Object.
- Select Choose from Library from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Use the search function & filters to find the resource you would like to add as an object.
- Select the Choose button in the right hand navigation bar.
- You can then continue to edit the object description, social settings etc.
Note: When you edit the contents resource, it will also be updated across all other courses it sits within. However, name and description will not be replaced for an object in a course when they have been changed in Display Settings. When selecting a resource, you are able to see which other courses the resource is used within.
Advanced Resource Configurations
- Copy a resource. You can edit the resource and save as copy, so that a new version of the resource is created.
- Converting resource types. You are also able to convert resource types e.g. an uploaded word file into a pdf.
- Download a resource. Supported resource types can be downloaded from the library via the new download button.