When new to Curatr, one of the first tasks you will be looking to undertake is create your first Course(s). Read on below to find out how to create a new course. Alternatively, view the screencast at the bottom of this article to access this information.
Creating a Course from Scratch
Admin Area > Courses
- Click NEW COURSE in the right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter a course Name.
- Change the Alias, if it should be different from the name entered in step 2 (by default, the Alias is populated with the same text entered into the Name field).
- Enter a short course Description (a sentence or two). This description will be visible to users on the front end of Curatr.
- Set the Visibility of the course to either Secret or Public. For more information on the differences between Visibility types, click here.
- Check or uncheck the option to Allow Self Enrolment in your course. If this box is checked, the course will be visible to all of your organisation's users if Visibility is set to Public.
- If appropriate, set the Enrolment Length you want to allow users to sign up for the course. If you leave this field blank, the course can then be enroled in at any time.
- Set the Course Start Date. This should be the date you want to make your course live to all users.
- Click SUBMIT.
Creating a Course from Scratch - Screencast
If you would like to learn more about setting up a course, the below screencast goes through the details and steps an administrator completes when creating the shell of a course.