Everybody likes to feel that their platform is, well… theirs! Curatr offers the ability to brand your instance with customised colours (via the theme editor) and with organisation specific images, as described below.
Theme Editor Overview
With the theme editor in Curatr, we've provided you with an opportunity to modify the basic design of your site theme.
- Ensure you are at the Org level of your Curatr site.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Theme.
On the following screen, you'll be presented with a page that has sections for Primary Color, Secondary Color and Buttons:
Primary Color = Login Screen Background, Site Navigation Bar, Object Navigation Bar
Secondary Color = Sidebar backgrounds, Leaderboard and Course Point buttons
Buttons = All Standalone buttons (those that sit on a white/grey Background)
If you would like to change any (or all) of the three categories to a new color, select one from the color dropdown menu highlighted above; or, you can also move the slider buttons around until you land on a custom shade.
Alternatively, if you know the exact HEX color code of the shade you would like to use, that can be entered in any of the three text boxes:
Note: If you would like to perform more advanced theme changes, please review our article discussing CSS.
Organisational Images Overview
Curatr offers the ability to upload images in the following areas of the user interface:
Admin Area > Settings > Image Settings Panel
- Login Screen: Located to the left of the Username/Password box when a user is logging in.
- Organisational Banner: Appears toward the top of the screen when a user logs into the front end of Curatr. This banner is responsive on the front end of Curatr, adapting to the users screen size as necessary.
- Default Course Image: Appears next to the course name.
- Default User Avatar: Shows for the user in the right hand corner of the interface.
- Background Image: Appears on the homepage of the front end user interface.
Note: Images should be uploaded in .JPG or .PNG formats and should be optimised to reduce file size while maintaining quality.
The Navigation Bar is designed to seamlessly adapt to your organisation, the light blue (by default) highlight which is shown underneath will automatically reflect your organisation's primary colour.
There is also a logo displayed on the left of the Navigation Bar, you can customise this to easily tailor your learner's Curatr experience to your organisation. To do this:
Curatr Admin > Settings
- Expand the Image Settings panel.
- Now, choose and add an Organisation Logo
Note: If you do not set an Organisation Logo, Curatr will display an image of Curatr-mascot Roary the dinosaur by default.