Everybody likes to feel that their platform is, well… theirs! Curatr offers the ability to brand your instance with customised colours (via the theme editor) and with organisation specific images, as described below.
Organisational Images Overview
Curatr offers the ability to upload images in the following areas of the user interface:
Admin Area > Settings
Under the Image Settings panel on the right hand side you will find the following:
- Login Screen Image: Located to the left of the Username/Password box when a user is logging in.
- Organisation Logo: This appears in the top-left of your navigation bar in the front end, and also in your emails sent from Curatr.
- Org Banner Image: Appears toward the top of the screen when a user logs into the front end of Curatr. This banner is responsive on the front end of Curatr, adapting to the users screen size as necessary.
- Default Course Image: Appears next to the course name.
- Default User Avatar: Shows for the user in the right hand corner of the interface.
- Background: Appears on the homepage of the front end user interface.
Note: Images should be uploaded in .JPG or .PNG formats and should be optimised to reduce file size while maintaining quality.
The Navigation Bar is designed to seamlessly adapt to your organisation, the light blue (by default) highlight which is shown underneath will automatically reflect your organisation's primary colour.
There is also a logo displayed on the left of the Navigation Bar, you can customise this to easily tailor your learner's Curatr experience to your organisation. To do this:
Admin Area > Settings
- Expand the Image Settings panel on the right hand side.
- Choose and add an Organisation Logo
Note: If you do not set an Organisation Logo, Curatr will display an image of Curatr-mascot Roary the dinosaur by default.
Theme Editor Overview
Admin Area > Settings > Theme
With the theme editor in Curatr, we've provided you with an opportunity to modify the basic colours of your site theme. Additionally, you can see how the colours you choose will affect your site in real time thanks to the preview window on the right hand side.
In the theme editor, you'll be presented three main options:
- Header Accent = Colour for the Site Navigation Bar and the Login Screen Background.
- Card Header Background = Colour for Welcome messages, Course/Level Descriptions etc.
- Button Background = Colour for action buttons such as Submit or Save.
If you would like to change any (or all) of the three categories to a new colour, click on the text for that colour to reveal the colour picker. Here you can experiment with different colours or, if you already have a colour in mind, you can simply enter the HEX code at the bottom.
Note: If you would like to perform more advanced theme changes, please review our article discussing CSS.