The admin area of Curatr offers a number of course customisations when setting up courses and games. In this article, you can find out details on multiple areas of customisations within a course.
Creating a Course
Creating a Course - Screencast
In this screencast, we go through the details and steps an administrator will go through when creating the shell of your first course.
When new to Curatr, one of the first tasks you will be looking to undertake is create your first Course(s). To learn how to create a new course, follow these instructions or watch the screencast below:
Admin Area > Courses
- Click NEW COURSE in the right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter a course Name.
- Change the Alias, if it should be different from the name entered in step 2 (by default, the Alias is populated with the same text entered into the Name field).
- Enter a short course Description (a sentence or two). This description will be visible to users on the front end of Curatr.
- Set the Visibility of the course to either Secret or Public. For more information on the differences between Visibility types, click here.
- Check or uncheck the option to Allow Self Enrolment in your course. If this box is checked, the course will be visible to all of your organisation's users if Visibility is set to Public.
- If appropriate, set the Enrolment Length you want to allow users to sign up for the course. If you leave this field blank, the course can then be enrolled in at any time.
- Set the course Start Date. This should be the date you want to make your course live to all users.
- Click SUBMIT.
Adjusting Course Settings
In this screencast, we go into the basic settings that allow administrators to configure the look, feel and behaviour of a new course.