Roles allow you to define which areas of Learning Locker certain Users have access to, with fine-grained precision.
This means that you can define preset access rules, and then easily assign them to users without having to manually set permissions for every user.
Creating a new Role
To create a new Role:
Settings > Roles
- Click the Add new near the top-right of the page.
- Now, enter a Title and Description for this Role.
- Finally, check the boxes corresponding to the amount of access you want a user who is assigned this role to have.
Assigning a Role to a User
To assign a Role to a User:
Settings > Users
- Find the User who you want to assign the a role to, either by using the search function at the top of the page, or by scrolling through the listed users.
- Expand their entry, and scroll down to the Organisation Roles section.
- Click the checkbox against the role you wish to assign to this user.
Deleting a Role
If you no longer need a Role, you can delete it:
Settings > Roles
- Find the Role you want to delete, either by using the search function at the top of the page, or by scrolling through the listed roles.
- Now, click Delete on the right-hand side of the bar.
- Then, Confirm that you really want to delete the Store, or Cancel.
Note: It is not possible to delete a Role that is currently assigned to a User. You must ensure that Users who are assigned to the Role you want to delete, are first assigned a new one.
Public and Private permissions
By default all dashboards, visualisations, journeys, and statement forwards are created as private, indicated by a locked padlock . Users with a role scope for these area set to (public only) will not be able to see any item set to private. If a user's roll scope is set to (all) they will be able to see all entries, regardless of privacy setting.
To toggle a dashboard between public and private,
- Open the Dashboard which you’d like to toggle.
- Look to the top-right of the page for the padlock icon and click it to change.
If a dashboard is currently private it will show a locked padlock .
A public dashboard will show an open padlock .
Note: Visualisations also have privacy settings. A user may be able to view a public dashboard but would not be shown any contents for private visualisations.