Overview and Item Types
Presentations in Red Panda can leverage content in a format that is visible to audiences outside of the platform. Administrators in Red Panda can create presentations and add the following items into them. Each item type appears in a presentation as a widget:
- Text widget - displays a customised block of text.
- Journey Overview widget - gives high level details of an existing Red Panda journey
- Personal Info widget - pulls in profile details for the Red Panda username you are logged in under). This shows the name and email address of the user you are logged in under.
- Asset widget - shows the supporting evidence a user has tied to an asset. For example, if a user assigns a URL to an asset, that URL will appear in the Asset widget.
- Image widget - displays any standard image file that you upload into Red Panda.
- Video widget - displays videos that have been uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.
Presentations can be a mix of any or all of the above widget types. Once they are set public, anyone with internet access can view them, if they have the correct URL to do so. This feature can provide a great benefit to organisations who are looking to share elements of Red Panda with outside entities or the public at large.
As uses of Red Panda have widened in scope, we've seen some interesting uses of the presentation feature with our client base. An innovative example to highlight is a client who uses presentations for annual reviews of employees. In this example, the Red Panda administrator added a combination of text facts on the employees performance (the text widget), completed journey's the employee has undertaken in the past year (the journey widget) and profile information (the personal info widget). Taken as a whole, the presentation gave the users manager - someone who doesn't have direct access into Red Panda - a detailed look into their direct reports professional development.