Creating a Journey
- In the Journeys module, click on the + button in the top right banner.
- Then set your Journey Title. Optionally, you can also set a Description and Due Date, as well as any Categories and Hashtags.
- Click Add to create the Journey.
Note: A Due Date of a journey can be set to be a fixed date or a length of time via the Due Within option (i.e. - a journey can be Due Within 4 weeks).
Note: Selecting "Do not share this" at the bottom of the screen will make all future progress within a Journey private, and will hide each action from the activity feed.
If you are an administrator, you will also be able to create an organisation journey, where you can:
- Allow anyone within the organisation to join the journey
- Assign the journey to a specific group (for more on creating groups, click here)
- Make the journey mandatory for anyone in the organisation
Setting-Up a Journey
Once you have set the overview of the Journey, you can then add action cards by clicking the + button near the top-right of the page. Action cards available to all users include:
- Take a course: you can choose a course from a catalogue of integrated course providers
- Add goal: allows you to state your desired goal or learning activity
- Develop a skill: choose from an organisation-compiled list of skills
- Practice a behaviour: choose from an organisation-compiled list of behaviours
Note: Skills and behaviour are only available to a user if they are made visible by an administrator. Steps on how to create Skills and Behaviours can be found here.
Within each action card, apart from courses, you can also:
- Set reminders
- Set due dates
- Add resources and check-ins
For courses, details are pulled from the course provider and activity is automatically pulled through, if integrated via xAPI. Otherwise, you will still need to check-in manually to track progress.