Creating a new Client
To create a new Client:
Settings > Clients
- Click the + Add new button at the top-right of the page.
- Now, enter a Title (name) for this client.
- Above the authentication information (Key, Secret, and Basic auth), you should see an Enabled? option. This lets you quickly enable or disable a client when you need to.
- Next, set up your Client Scopes:
Setting Client Scopes
Selecting the All option under the Overall Scopes setting will grant this Client access to all of the stores in the current organisation.
If you do not select the main All scope, you will need to choose use the drop-down under the LRS heading to select which store the client should be limited to.
After you do this, you will see a list of Scopes appear. Here's the permissions that they will each grant:
|All||Unrestricted access for this store.|
|Read all||Unrestricted read access for this store.|
|Read all statements||Unrestricted read access for Statements in this store.|
|Write statements||Write any Statement.|
|Read my statements||Read Statements written by this client, that is, with an authority matching the one that this client would write with (see below for more about client authority).|
|Access state||Read/write state data, limited to Activities and Actors associated with the current client.|
|Access profiles||Read/write Profile document data, limited to Activities and Actors associated with the current client.|
Underneath the Scopes section, you will see another for Authority. The details you enter here will be displayed in the authority section of every statement that this client writes to your store.
Deleting a Client
If you no longer need a Client, you can delete it:
Settings > Clients
- Find the client you want to delete, either by using the search function at the top of the page, or by scrolling through the listed clients.
- Now, click the Delete button on the right-hand side of the bar.
- Then, Confirm that you really want to delete the Client, or Cancel.