Data > Visualise
Setting up a Line Visualisation
Line Visualisations are useful when you want to view trends in your data.
- Create a new Visualisation by clicking the Add new button at the top-right.
- Choose the Line option, and then click the orange checkmark button.
Note: In this article, the example used will be using a Line Visualisation to compare the activity of two different Curatr courses, over time.
Configuring your Line Axes
- Make sure that the Axes tab is selected.
- In the Y Axis section, you can choose which data you want to compare – following the example, you would set Total unique number of.. and Statements here, and then develop the query further from the Series tab.
Configuring your Line Series
- Make sure that the Series tab is selected.
- You can use the Description field to give the Visualisation a short description. This will also help you to identify it whenever you add it to a Widget.
- Following the example, you would now expand the + Where, + contextActivities, and + grouping sections – then choose the ID of the first course you want to plot.
- Now, use the + Add query button to add a new Series.
- Continuing with the example, now expand the + Where, + contextActivities, and + grouping sections – then choose the ID of the second course you want to plot.
- You can use the Label field at the top of the Query Builder for each Series to give them a more appropriate label, such as the name of the course they’re tracking.
- You may now want to adjust the time frame from the drop-down at the top-right, to make sure the Visualisation shows data in the exact time range that you want it to.
Note: If you need help with using the Query Builder, please see the Query Builder Overview and the other articles in that section.
Your Visualisation should now look something like this: